Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday Musings

UAE Life

#9

You can find many of your favorite Stateside restaurants and fast food chains here.  In my case this is exciting because it means I won't starve (I am a very picky eater).  

#10

The UAE is a very wealthy country.  Why not spend your wealth at the gold ATM?

#11


There is amazing architecture here.  This is the famous Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi and the Emirates Palace (once specifically for presidents and ambassadors - now a hotel for everyone).

#12

Why, yes, this is a pool party at the Hilton Hotel.  Not quite what I signed up for when I was staying there.  This is not the same pool party where I met my husband.

#13

The UAE is a strange country. It is small and unique.  Things happen here all the time that you just can't explain.  Instead you learn to go with the flow.  It makes life easier that way.  Case in point:  the picture above is a LIVE fish - one was given to every kindergartner in my class.  Really.  I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

So now I am going to go *try* to get some schoolwork done.  Or bake some blueberry muffins and dinner rolls from scratch (I need to test the recipe before Thanksgiving!).  Then I will work on school related things.  I hope.  We'll see...

 photo signature_zps316a3c30.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...