Sunday, November 2, 2014

Family Week in KG

This week is all about families in KG1 (in the UAE there is KG1 and KG2...kindergarten for 3 and 4 year olds and regular age kindergarten - KG2).  Today we shared a few family photos and had a mom come in to create her daughter's family tree.  It turned out really cute - see the picture on my Facebook page here.  You can also head over there to see a flower version of a family tree.

The same mom brought in a cute handmade book about the people in their family.  I tell you, the Emirati people are amazingly creative.  I mean just look at how cute this is and it has a matching bag!


Then, the kids dressed up like family members and role played having visitors come to the house.  It was so cute to see them act out the customs of serving tea and shaking hands.  One little boy even did the nose kiss to another boy.  Adorable!  I totally missed getting a picture though. Sad.


All week parents (moms) are coming to visit to work with their child and a small group.  But if it is anything like today they just might take over the whole class and we will miss our math lesson again.  Hmm....

Sunday is my Monday and to kick off the week I had a little boy hanging out in the bathroom (door to the hallway that faces the major walkway in the school building) wide open and his pants plus off.  Jeez.  Then two little girls kept asking me for the restroom and I had to tell them no.  I mean, Pantsless was hanging out in there.  What would you have me do?  Fun times in kindergarten.  Fun times.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.

 photo signature_zps316a3c30.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...