Friday, May 22, 2015

Around the World: KG Style

The last three weeks my class has been hard at work comparing and contrasting their country with Egypt.  We've been learning to build pyramids from construction blocks, drawing Pharaohs, making gold bangles from toilet paper rolls, tracing maps, and playing with Egyptian food for preparation of our end of unit celebration.  Our unit was called "We Are Responsible World Citizens."  Try teaching that concept to four year olds with limited English vocabulary.

Yesterday each class in the school set up all their hard work in the gym.  Ten students stayed at the table in front of their displays to be passport control and give sticker stamps and talk about their country to the visitors.  The rest of the class toured around the gym visiting the other countries, sampling food, and "stamping" their passports.  I forgot to get passport pictures so I will try to get those after the weekend.

Here's a video I made of the country displays.  Enjoy!


If you would like a longer look at any of the pictures I will be posting them to my Instagram account. Find me by clicking the icon at the top of my blog header.

 photo signature_zps316a3c30.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...