Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Monday Musings (on a Tuesday)

I didn't want to post twice in one day because I did an impromptu linky party after a shopping spree with the TpT sale.  So, you get Monday Musings on a Tuesday.  I didn't think you would mind.

#14

You can buy some pretty strange things over here. I think this is because they import a lot of the world's "dollar store" items.  I found these little socks for chair legs - beats those old tennis balls to quiet sound but you'd need waaay too many packages for a classroom!

#15


Clear as mud?  Don't worry if it takes you a minute to figure it out, it took me a minute as well. Boys wear white and girls wear black if they are wearing the traditional clothing.

#16

I think I mentioned spelling mistakes before.  I found this one around the corner from my school. Spotting the errors always manages to make me laugh.

#17


Yes, that is correct.  It says 43.6 liters at 1.72 a liter.  This is in dirhams but it translates to filling up your gas tank for about 20 bucks. This is an advantage in living in an oil-rich country.

#18

This is a local fast food place.  Very local.  The arrow is pointing out one of its finer features, the fly trap, which looks to be directly over the microwave.  No need for a health inspector here!  The sad thing is that I went to this place a few times and never noticed until I shared the picture with a family member in the States.  Now I'll just say ew and move on.

I hope you enjoyed learning some tidbits about life in the UAE.  Leave me a comment so I know I'm not talking to myself every week.  Although I think I'd do that anyway and pretend I was talking to the baby so people wouldn't think I was completely out of my mind.  Is there something you'd like to see for next week's Monday Musings?  An aspect about life in the Sahara you're really curious about?  Let me know and I'll try to answer your questions.

 photo signature_zps316a3c30.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...