Monday, February 11, 2013

Sums of 10 Activity

Addition is coming up in my class and I wanted to get a jump on creating some useful activities for my students.  I came up with this easy sums of ten math center.




Students will place the missing addend on the number sentence.  They can match the turnaround facts by finding the same picture and/or color.  This will also help allow for easy self-correction.



When they are finished, they can record their work for you to check with the included recording sheet.  This will give them another chance to think about their answers by having to match the pictures to record the number sentences.  I can't wait to see how the kids do with this activity.  Click on the picture below to purchase your own copy.



I plan to also use the sums of 10 rainbow to teach the concept.  I can't wait!  But first, we need to get through measurement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...